TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 16, 2019, 11:53:07 am
Home Login Register
News: Jinjur finished fertilizing a field for Mopsi

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  A Helping Hand  |  Topic: Tree Seed Question 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Tree Seed Question  (Read 3690 times)
JDR2
Centivelian
----------

Me next to Maple tree

« on: May 11, 2014, 10:05:14 am »

Does anyone know what forestry level one needs to grow a a level 42 or up seed at 100% with enriched bird poo?
Bruiser
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 11:33:17 am »

http://www.toadwater.com/index.php/topic,29906.0.html

This should give you everything you need.
Travis
Administrator
----------

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 04:31:47 pm »

Also you can do this way.

For all trees, it takes 25 * Tree Level to get 100% odds.  So for the level 42 tree it takes 1050 forestry for 100% odds.  The power of EBP is that it cuts the requirements by three, so it only takes 350 forestry.
JDR2
Centivelian
----------

Me next to Maple tree

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 08:11:25 pm »

Thanks Travis for answering.
Brique I love buying your stuff:)
Thanks for the suggestion. I really tried to understand how to use the tool you recommend in the link but I just simply couldn't figure out how to use it even though I was reading the instructions.
JDR2
Centivelian
----------

Me next to Maple tree

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 08:45:56 pm »

Travis,
Another question, is there any where a further and more detail explanation of how to maintain "Tree lord" status?
Ex
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 10:06:23 pm »

its like i told you in IRC yesterday. tree lords reset 7 days after you sac, they will always reset to 0 after a week. then you will have to sac again

Excalibus washed 7 Sun Fungus, now it's very shiny. Odds: (0.01%)

Excalibus successfully washed 3 gnarled carrots and found 2 Elder Carrots. Odds: 0.04%

Excalibus successfully mined six Ring Ore from a Bilfornite Mine! Odds: (0.01%)
JDR2
Centivelian
----------

Me next to Maple tree

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 01:29:04 am »

Thanks Excalibus.
I was hoping there was like more detail information somewhere about it.
Ex
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 01:32:26 am »

what kind of details? idols reset every 7 days, thats pretty cut and dry. but if you have anymore questions let me know

Excalibus washed 7 Sun Fungus, now it's very shiny. Odds: (0.01%)

Excalibus successfully washed 3 gnarled carrots and found 2 Elder Carrots. Odds: 0.04%

Excalibus successfully mined six Ring Ore from a Bilfornite Mine! Odds: (0.01%)
JDR2
Centivelian
----------

Me next to Maple tree

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 03:55:27 am »

Sorry, nevermind.
Xirah
Full of Good Ideas
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2014, 04:39:19 pm »

Does it reset 7 days after your first sac or your last sac?

Last sac would make sense, but I think it may be your first sac. Or something weirder.

Whittling: 350     (Rank 34)  6,089,676
Mining: 129     (Rank 42)  74,350
Tinkering: 62     (Rank 10)  1,396
Cooking: 526     (Rank 3)  30,374,340

1. Xirah whittled 34381 items today for 6013533 experience. (47.75 hrs.)
1. Xirah has earned 8477890 cooking experience today. (0 strawberries was
Travis
Administrator
----------

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2014, 05:02:24 am »

Does it reset 7 days after your first sac or your last sac?

Last sac would make sense, but I think it may be your first sac. Or something weirder.

It records how many seeds you sacrifice in between a rank update. The last seven rank updates of sacced seeds are added up together to get your tree lord power.  It's a rolling thing, so if you sac a ton of seeds on day 1 and 6, on day 8 only the seeds from day 6 will be kept.
JDR2
Centivelian
----------

Me next to Maple tree

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2014, 06:12:27 am »

My trees keep saying they are hungry and I am tired of feeding them.
The reset thing really confuses me even though I am only one I noticed feeding those type of trees daily.
But the Treelord thing was nice bonus while it lasted, wish I could figure out how to make last longer though.
I remember briefly having that status when I first joined with tw1, and when I got it again there was some things I was curious about but I can't figure out how to communicate this coherently at the moment.
As far the Toad stat I am stuck at the point with the file being on google and not seeming to get it to do what I want.
Issue was it didn't even recognize my profile when I attempted it.
Xirah
Full of Good Ideas
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2014, 06:38:58 am »

Thanks Travis. Smiley

JDR: Don't worry about your idols saying they are hungry.

To keep the tree lord of a tree that nobody else is saccing seeds to, you need to simply donate a small amount of seeds (I go with the tree level + 1) every 6-7 days. Tree lord really isn't a big deal unless you are whittling that level of tree and you need the +10% bonus. Smiley

JDR2
Centivelian
----------

Me next to Maple tree

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2014, 06:56:18 pm »

I was really confused by this whole thing.
Read below if you want to be possibly bored or entertained with my whole Balsam tree idol/seed idol ordeal.
I am building a base so Balsam trees are very important but the Balsam tree idol is real pain in back side.
On the average I feed my low level up to level 3 no more than 2k in seeds the rest depends on the  amount of seeds I have.
I need at least 1k for building places of healing and those long lines of aging Balsams to travel and refuel on.
Plus when I was offering daily I had to come up with minium for 2k so I had this whole digging for seeds and budgeting its seed feeding budget on daily basis.
I tended to only have like 1 to 2k in seeds for it but in noobie cloud world I once accidentally sold 10k of its seeds but that was a mistake.
There was one day  when I first moved out of cloud world with my little low level idols I offered the balsam tree idol a 10k in seeds in celebration.
I swear when I came back it said you need feed me daily or I am going to stay at zero.
No clue why I thought it needed daily feedings other than my profile kept saying it was hungry.
How did it show the appreciation for hours of digging? Or at least in my mind it went zero so I dug longer and offered 20k and I fed daily a diet around 1 to 2k in seeds.
Eventually it said for week there I was tree lord to up to level 7 trees but I don't get it.
Plus I am deeply troubled with Balsam tree idols for more seeds, it says its always hungry and truthfully I think it should fend for itself now.
Balsam tree idol always hungry and was never satisfied with whatever I  offered it.
The idol is major pain in its always "hungry" status.
Then suddenly tree lord which was weird and nice I would be moving around my trees for hours and my health didn't drop then even treelord I noticed my protected status on top of my low level trees my health was dropping when it shouldn't have and then nothing.
Plus I have been feeding the darn Balsam on regular daily basis often toiling for hours dailing to get its offerings nobody else I notice on world announcement is offering seeds to Balssm idols in fact nobody is treelord now.
Not even me and I was feeding it daily until it went to zero again.
It didn't make sense to me when Excalibus said you only need feed your idols once a week because whatever Excalibus knows with his god powers....
Any way this was bit troubling to me. I was thinking my tree idols were like some pet that needed to be fed daily or something.
Now I have to focus on collecting radishes or something else like whittling  maybe Popular tree. idol and devoting all my dwarf seed love offerings to it.
LOL
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 07:16:45 pm by JDR2 » Logged
Xirah
Full of Good Ideas
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2014, 07:09:33 pm »

In almost every single case, giving idols more than 50 seeds per week is a huge waste of valuable seeds. Tongue

JDR2
Centivelian
----------

Me next to Maple tree

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2014, 07:18:32 pm »

I wish I knew that I could have used those seeds to plant entire massive forest of healing and sap trees.
Balsam tree idol won't fool me again.
Some tree idols I figure if I offer them more they will be giving me the seeds I am short on but it maybe me misunderstanding how the idols function.
Xirah
Full of Good Ideas
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2014, 07:47:53 pm »

You trade rank+1 seeds to get 1 of the next rank of seed. That is their primary function.

For example, you trade 11 seeds of the grade 10 tree to get 1 seed of the grade 11 tree. Or you trade 34 seeds of the grade 33 tree to get 1 seed of the grade 34 tree.

Sacrificing more seeds does NOT improve this conversion rate.

Sacrificing seeds in this way is how trees are "unlocked" in Toadwater. But it is impractical to get all of your seeds for the next level by sacrificing the previous level. You only want to sacrifice enough to get maybe 10 seeds of the next level. From there, you multiply your seeds by planting them, waiting some amount of time, then chopping the trees to get more seeds than you started with. Trees gain +1 seeds every 100 days. So it is a good idea to wait until the trees are at least 300 days old to chop (I prefer 1 year, 35 days = 400 days = +4 seeds = 5 seeds  total... because trees also gain +1 wood every year, and this way you also get twice as much wood).

However toadwater also has statues which are VERY useful for unlocking trees. Statues have a chance to drop seeds for any tree levels between 1 and 45. If you step on a statue with a lot of collected droppings, there is a very good chance you will get at least 1 seed for every single tree level between 1 and 45 (provided you have the inventory space for it - so its a good idea to have an imperial seed bag and also clear out your inventory before walking on statues. also, if you eat a gold radish + drink some squirrel milk: GR+SM buff, then you will only collect level 11-45 seeds, which is useful for saving inventory space if you no longer need to unlock the level 1-10 trees).

A good idea is to buy a few Excalibus statues early on and place them as soon as possible. The statues collect drops faster and faster over  time - up to a maximum of 1 dropping per 5 minutes. After a while, you can get all of the level 1-45 trees unlocked by collecting the droppings on these statues. You wont need to worry about unlocking trees with idols until level 46 trees (which will take you a long time to achieve because you have to make all the idols up to that point - even I am not there yet).

Edit: There are also some "free" public statues on TWI: just use a wood duck, collect all the droppings from them, then use the wood duck again to return home. Do this every day and it can speed up the process of getting all the 1-45 seeds. And also give you some extra EBP Smiley
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 07:50:32 pm by Xirah » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  A Helping Hand  |  Topic: Tree Seed Question
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group