TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2020, 12:04:33 am
Home Login Register
News: Crowbarella wove 10 squares of Imperial Cloth  (90 xp, 10 cloth, 100 yarn burned, 1 use taken)  (Odds: 38.26%)

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Mopsi's Modern Tavern  |  Topic: Roads. Ugly, ugly, roads.... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Roads. Ugly, ugly, roads....  (Read 998 times)
Terwin
Centivelian
----------

« on: June 11, 2014, 07:04:29 pm »

I actually don't mind that roads degrade as you walk on them. That makes perfect sense, just like roads in real life. However, it simply drives me nuts to see my roads start looking like a wadded up pieces of paper as they degrade. Perhaps I'm a bit OCD, but I just want to tear the old road up and put a new plank down as soon as it gets the least bit damaged. And having a road system with varying degrees of decay... uggg! I'd just as soon plant grass everywhere to walk on. I assume it's still an issue with higher grade roads as well, especially if they're frequently used.

Anyone else hate creating a patchwork crumpled up road system, or am I just being anal?
Ex
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 07:34:50 pm »

you can just go into the image folder and make several copies of the good road image and rename them the same as the ugly road images, then delete the ugly ones. press alt+b in the client to access the image folder

and yes, i hate the way roads look in general, thats why i never bothered with them

Excalibus washed 7 Sun Fungus, now it's very shiny. Odds: (0.01%)

Excalibus successfully washed 3 gnarled carrots and found 2 Elder Carrots. Odds: 0.04%

Excalibus successfully mined six Ring Ore from a Bilfornite Mine! Odds: (0.01%)
Terwin
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 07:50:18 pm »

Neat. Thanks Ex! I think I'll just replace all roads with the much better looking road6.gif from SWI.

(who builds roads out of wood anyway?  Tongue  Now if I were putting in a basketball court....)
Pages: [1] Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Mopsi's Modern Tavern  |  Topic: Roads. Ugly, ugly, roads....
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group