TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 16, 2019, 12:04:58 pm
Home Login Register
News: Flinnt finished fertilizing a field for Mopsi

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  A Helping Hand  |  Topic: Captcha image/audio is broken, I can't register a new account 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Captcha image/audio is broken, I can't register a new account  (Read 1556 times)
Old Chaz
----------

« on: September 12, 2014, 02:06:36 am »

Not quite a newbie (I played a bit of Toadwater a few years back when I was in college, and I'm looking into checking it out again) but I'm having some trouble signing into TW2 with this account, so I'm trying to register a new account (And get a new name for myself while I'm at it). Unfortunately, the captcha image for registering an account is broken, and the "Listen to the letters" option is similarly broken, so I can't actually make a new account right now.

Any ideas when this is gonna be fixed?
Gogoat [AF]
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 06:21:15 am »

Are you sure you're not a computer?
Old Chaz
----------

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 06:45:35 am »

Fairly sure, though I'd probably fail the Turing Test if I tried!

But yeah, this is what I'm getting on my browser: http://i.imgur.com/VRjJFIX.png (I was gonna put IMG tags around it but that would've broken the forum's tables because of the resolution)
Mopsi
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 06:46:27 am »

Try another browser?
Gogoat [AF]
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 06:48:15 am »

I see what you're seeing with Chrome....
it seems that the toadwater server is supposed to return a random image but is instead returning that weird image.
Mopsi
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 06:49:55 am »

Register through the Client, I get a capcatcha there.
Lackey Twisti
Toadwater God
----------

Test: teeeeest

Infected with Gay Fever

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 01:00:00 pm »

I apologize. I caused the issue when I put the 'fight for free internet' thing up two days ago and put it in the wrong place. It's fixed now, so the captchas should show up fine. Thanks for reporting it instead of just moving on!

<+farmyb> id say my spelling and grammar is pretty good
Old Chaz
----------

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2014, 04:11:57 pm »

Register through the Client, I get a capcatcha there.

Whoops, I didn't realise you could register through the client - I figured it just took you straight to the site! Unless it does take you straight to the site, I dunno Shocked I shoulda tried that though, just in case.

I apologize. I caused the issue when I put the 'fight for free internet' thing up two days ago and put it in the wrong place. It's fixed now, so the captchas should show up fine. Thanks for reporting it instead of just moving on!

Ah, alright! Thank you for fixing the issue! And yeah, I definitely wanted to give Toadwater another try, it's been quite a while since I last played, so I wanted to start a fresh character and try to get back into the swing of things. First off I've got to find an alternate email address to set on this account so I can set my normal one on the new account - unless there's a way to delete my existing account to do so!
Lackey Twisti
Toadwater God
----------

Test: teeeeest

Infected with Gay Fever

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2014, 06:49:17 pm »

You can just change your old accounts email to a throwaway email such as one from mailinator.com.

<+farmyb> id say my spelling and grammar is pretty good
Chaz Serir
----------

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2014, 12:25:19 am »

Thanks again! I'm all set up with my new account and I'm just going through the steps up in the clouds again. God it's been so long since I've played this game, but this time for sure I'll try and get through the tutorial stuff and head on into the game proper.
Pages: [1] Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  A Helping Hand  |  Topic: Captcha image/audio is broken, I can't register a new account
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group