TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 16, 2019, 10:42:15 am
Home Login Register
News: Jinjur finished fertilizing a field for Mopsi

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  A Helping Hand  |  Topic: New player need help 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New player need help  (Read 974 times)
zeluizzzz
Apprentice
----------

« on: September 28, 2014, 09:46:16 pm »

Hi.

I read the forum and the wiki but can't find some info.

My initial setup is this: I have a outhouse, one balsam fin tree with a sap, and one balsam fin tree with an idol.

Basically I'm planting trees in every spot and cutting them down asap. Making planks and fences (lv 2 and lv 3) and selling fences to buy a better axe. My goal here is to get 500 fences lv 6 at least for the jump. That's all I'm doing.

I could use some help regarding some stuff:

1. I tried farming. Bought 100 seeds, bought 100 grandmas poo. 550 gold I think. Expensive! Got 100% fertile land and harvested a couple fruits that sell for 1 gold. what? lol

2. About the sap. You can wax things with it? What can I wax exactly? And how many trees with saps should I get so I can get waxing? Does it matter what level of the tree the sap is in?

3. I have lots of stuff in my inventory that I have no idea what to do yet. But I'm afraid to sell some important stuff. I have herbs, quartz knife, blister mallet, maso bamboo shoots, rough stone, fruits clogging my inventory with no use for them. Some help on what to hold here.

4. What else should I do?

My english sucks. Thank you very much if you read it all and can help.

EDIT: Im playing on TW2 btw. And the chat is dead. Does anybody play this game?
Mopsi
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 09:48:28 pm »

Don't sell your quartz knife.

Farming is expensive, its best to do forestry and whittling/construction to gather money.

Farming is very hard to start out with, low odds and high costs leads to frustration.
Travis
Administrator
----------

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 09:53:09 pm »

Welcome to Toadwater!

To me it sounds like you are taking cloud world very intense.  I recommend jumping when ever you feel restricted by the size and want tons of land.  Don't worry so much about the fences starting out, you can make them quickly when you grow hundreds of trees.  My recommendation is to bring all of your tools and 20 bell peppers, and you are set to go.

1.  Farming is tough, it's a harder skill.  If you dig for compost worms at the top of the metric hour with a decent shovel, you should get tons.  Also bell peppers can be hollowed to get more compost worms.  With enough effort, you should be able to cycle though the worms well.

2.  I just updated the wax message today to help clarify your question.  Only shovels, mallets, swords, planks and posts can be sapped.  Sap is mainly used to make gold but can offer a nice bonus.  More is better.  The higher the level the tree, the better the sap that comes out, so helpful for your tools.

3. Keep your knife, pretty much eat or sell everything else.  The rough stones can help sharpen your knife, which is useful for hollowing out peppers.

4. Just keep going forward, keep growing more trees, plant crops, etc.  When you want more room, jump down and establish a large empire.

Anything else?  Welcome to Toadwater!
Travis
zeluizzzz
Apprentice
----------

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 10:08:42 pm »

Hundreds of trees? So I need to hire lots of workers then?

If I jump now, should I be afraid of people attacking me? (Combat skill is there) Or robbing me?

Travis
Administrator
----------

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 10:12:34 pm »

Hundreds of trees? So I need to hire lots of workers then?

If I jump now, should I be afraid of people attacking me? (Combat skill is there) Or robbing me?

Yeah, workers help alot, they can clear a forest while you sleep.

I wouldn't worry about being attack, the combat skill is a old relic that hasn't been removed.  Putting some weak fences around your base will greatly discourage people from taking your stuff.

Come join us is in chat, it's at the bottom of the client.  We have 30 people in here now.
Pages: [1] Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  A Helping Hand  |  Topic: New player need help
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group