TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 28, 2021, 09:15:23 am
Home Login Register
News: offgray whittled a Grade 1 Plank   (Odds: 100%)

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  The Padded Cell  |  Topic: This Game is it really worth it? Rant 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: This Game is it really worth it? Rant  (Read 7645 times)
JDR2
Centivelian
----------

Me next to Maple tree

« on: October 13, 2014, 01:10:11 am »

I really love certain aspects of this game and that why I have off and on supported it finicially.
But you know what I am really wondering if the effort is worth it.
But the best feature of game had to do with that nobody was raiding because there was no gain
in doing so.
Not much else has changed in last 7 years I quit but there are things I really like especially when
my offline life is rough but I am bit grumpy at the moment.
I really liked the game when everyone is nice and helps each other but I have fear the game
is going to be soon going down hill and all our high level trees will be raided or anything else.
Should I just cut down all my high level trees before someone else gets them and stick to small bunker?
Or should stop supporting the game financially?
I guess it doesn't really matter either way that I am ranting.
I do what I want because I can.
So will all of you.
Neko
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 01:30:58 am »

The first time I read this it felt like you were overreacting, but the more I think about it, the more I sympathize with you. I've worked very hard on my base to make it what it is now, and will continue to develop it into my home away from home. I would be very upset if somebody just hacked their way in and ruined all of my hard work just because they felt like ruining somebody's day. Toadwater is an otherwise relaxing and stress free game, but because pressure is being put on by a certain someone, I can't relax, because there's the constant danger of my stuff being stolen. When everybody else is so nice and helpful and gets along, forgive me for saying it, but the fear of being raided in such a peaceful game is like a stain on the whole thing. I'd really just like to enjoy my time spent in Toadwater, and not have to worry about my stuff being taken or ruined.
JDR2
Centivelian
----------

Me next to Maple tree

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 02:35:24 am »

I actually thought of restarting area 51 and helping like I use to with low level members but I am not sure if its worth it.
Perhaps I am over-reacting. I will manage and do what I can do. I am not going help anyone else though its just too upsetting.

The problem my base has was EX, Xirah and now MotCR has access.
Puma [AF]
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 05:07:25 am »

We have been in a time of peace. Raiding has always and will always be a part of Toadwater. If you have adequate defenses, then you have nothing to fear. That being said, I wouldn't sit behind a single layer of weak fencing. New content is slowly being added particularly since the surge of activity recently. I think you might be overreacting a little bit JDR.

The best offense is a good defense. Smiley
Lackey Twisti
Toadwater God
----------

Test: teeeeest

Infected with Gay Fever

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 10:10:52 am »

Interestingly, the only one who was raided was pooh and his sister, and when I talked to him, they didn't seem very upset at all.

<+farmyb> id say my spelling and grammar is pretty good
Mopsi
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 05:09:10 pm »

Trojal took over one of my bases also. I'm not terribly upset about it, though only because I had limited time invested in that base. Raiding is part of the game. I think we all had a false sense of security, older players telling new players there is nothing to worry about just toss up a layer of fencing no one will raid you really put newer players at a disadvantage.

There have been several times where players in chat have asked me why I am wasting my time building so many fences.

As far as having adequate defenses, the minimum amount of defense you need is enough to make it so it takes someone longer to chop through your fence then you are away from the game. That is a tall order for newer players.

all that aside, I think the game is worth it, its fun.

Not sure what area-51 is in terms of games. Sounds like a safe haven for new players.

As far as EX, Xirah and now MotCR having access, you could remove their access, either by covering their gates if they have them, Or seek out there hang gliders and birds.
JDR2
Centivelian
----------

Me next to Maple tree

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 08:39:02 pm »

I am checking all my fences there should be no holes in them.
But every area except with the cares I got my tiny little glider shack and one area my gliders are missing.
I am just really very  bummed.
They aren't items  I can replaced.
Any way I got to figure out some type of defensive plan so this doesn't happen again or just figure it will happen and take all the wood on and anything else of value off the area and find a spot no one can get access too.
Hey Twisti can I too use the gliders to travel somewhere no one else can travel not to exploit the system but just find a base no one else has access too until someone figures out how to hack into the system a parachute jump?
Lackey Twisti
Toadwater God
----------

Infected with Gay Fever

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 08:57:48 pm »

I don't understand what you are asking, JDR.

JDR2
Centivelian
----------

Me next to Maple tree

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2014, 09:12:47 pm »

I don't understand what you are asking, JDR.
I was asking something you probably wouldn't do except maybe a few. I was asking if you can you allow me to use the bug that Trojal and his buddies possibly exploited or some equivalent so I can go to somewhere nobody except me has access at the time on map?
I figure if people are stealing using exploits and all everyone who doesn't macro, misuse and exploit the game or raid be given a place to build there bases without people take advantage.
Only gliders I have ever removed were from unclaimed area, that was exposed. Its not like I can drop down another 10 or 50 usd to buy them.
I am sorry I am being sarcastic and childish at the moment.
Puma [AF]
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2014, 09:15:57 pm »

Your island is completely private and separated from the rest of the world.
Lackey Twisti
Toadwater God
----------

Infected with Gay Fever

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2014, 09:16:50 pm »

To my knowledge, no bugs have been abused. Trojal did discover a bug, but he reported it right away and had me fix it. I'm not aware of Trojal having any buddies, as he is an anti-social troll. If you believe a bug has been used against you, I encourage you to PM me the details about it so I can fix it.

Trojal2
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2014, 09:20:49 pm »

JDR2, go buy yourself a replacement landing site or two.

JDR2
Centivelian
----------

Me next to Maple tree

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2014, 10:05:41 pm »

I can't afford to BUY replacements thats why I am PISSED.
The thing is if Paputa, Xirah or Ex had left there gliders in place that was exposed I actually mention it to them and return the item.
They didn't even do that.
Trojal I don't have any prove that you exploited and profited from a bug but I got hunch if it wasn't you it was someone you knew.
That just isn't fair.
Travis over the years I have played toadwater I have given lot of support financially, helped others I have never raided, I have never abused exploit, I have trained hard and been kind to people.
I would never use access I had to new or confused, vulnerable players base under the guise of helping them and then robbing them.
This is why I am furious.
I am sorry if you don't get why I would be angry about this.
Twisti I write you when I am not so upset. I am sorry I am being really irrational at the moment I can't seem to control it. I am really upset at the moment I will write you privately in few days when I have calmed down.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 10:07:34 pm by JDR2 » Logged
Puma [AF]
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2014, 10:06:53 pm »

Dude Trojal literally just gave you Toadkens so that you could buy more hanglider landing spots to replace the ones that are missing. You might have also placed them somewhere else. If you click on a hanglider takeoff with bare hands it will list all available landing locations.
Erila
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2014, 10:11:17 pm »

.... I got hunch if it wasn't you it was someone you knew.
That just isn't fair.

This bit here. So what you're doing is blaming Trojal for something someone else has done? That's not on. I think it's time for you to cool off a bit, JDR.

You know I like you and respect you for the help you've given others over the past. Including me. But let's just calm down. Trojal isn't rampaging around like some kind of madman. Things have been pretty darn tame, compared to TW1. No one's exploiting anything.

So why not spend those toadkens you've been GIVEN, and get what you need. And you know where to find me if you need someone to talk to, ok?
JDR2
Centivelian
----------

Me next to Maple tree

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2014, 10:12:23 pm »

Dude Trojal literally just gave you Toadkens so that you could buy more hanglider landing spots to replace the ones that are missing. You might have also placed them somewhere else. If you click on a hanglider takeoff with bare hands it will list all available landing locations.

I have awareness trojal did anything other than area that was totally fenced in because I check on my fences often has tons of gliders are missing.
I am furious because I was stupid enough to accept Ex's help once and allow him to have portals on my land and I didn't know how to clear Paputa or anyone else who was hiding out there on land.
And to all the new players if someone offers to help you and they park a glider near a place you end up fencing in or you have exposed fence line near their base be careful don't leave the area unfenced.
Heck we might as well all fence in the water too who knows maybe Trojal will figure out how to hack the Oars and barrel and float in raid all of our bases but only Trojal.
Ex
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2014, 10:12:38 pm »

JDR, your base is too big and your fences are too weak, you dont use all of your land and you really dont have much to lose that cant be very easily replaced. Fencing off a newb world isnt a good idea, you need a smaller base with many layers of the lower level fencing you do have. Your system right now is terrible, a brand new player could jump off of cloud world right now and chop into your base no problem at all. Thats what happened to you, nothing was exploited but your own sloppy base design. Make it small, pull back into a peninsula and add 10+ layers of fencing that are easy to manage. No one will want to bother raiding you then.

Excalibus washed 7 Sun Fungus, now it's very shiny. Odds: (0.01%)

Excalibus successfully washed 3 gnarled carrots and found 2 Elder Carrots. Odds: 0.04%

Excalibus successfully mined six Ring Ore from a Bilfornite Mine! Odds: (0.01%)
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  The Padded Cell  |  Topic: This Game is it really worth it? Rant
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group