TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 28, 2021, 09:29:56 am
Home Login Register
News: offgray whittled a Grade 1 Plank   (Odds: 100%)

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  The Padded Cell  |  Topic: This Game is it really worth it? Rant 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: This Game is it really worth it? Rant  (Read 7646 times)
JDR2
Centivelian
----------

Me next to Maple tree

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2014, 10:14:08 pm »

JDR2, go buy yourself a replacement landing site or two.

Thanks sorry I didn't see this. I lost over 7 landing sites. It shouldn't be big deal but it was.
Ugh okay going to leave the thread. I am just too upset at the moment.
JDR2
Centivelian
----------

Me next to Maple tree

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2014, 10:15:24 pm »

JDR, your base is too big and your fences are too weak, you dont use all of your land and you really dont have much to lose that cant be very easily replaced. Fencing off a newb world isnt a good idea, you need a smaller base with many layers of the lower level fencing you do have. Your system right now is terrible, a brand new player could jump off of cloud world right now and chop into your base no problem at all. Thats what happened to you, nothing was exploited but your own sloppy base design. Make it small, pull back into a peninsula and add 10+ layers of fencing that are easy to manage. No one will want to bother raiding you then.
No it wasn't new player who chopped down a fence it was you and one of your buddies that had access because I made the mistake of trusting a jerk like yourself.
Ex
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2014, 10:17:24 pm »

You are kidding me right? Why would I help you, then go and take everything back? Seriously JDR, you are being childish. I havent even been able to play Toadwater since last week. You can use a shovel to remove hangliders you know.  And honestly, where do you get off putting blame on me when I've done nothing but help you? You need to go away and cool off before you start losing friends.

Excalibus washed 7 Sun Fungus, now it's very shiny. Odds: (0.01%)

Excalibus successfully washed 3 gnarled carrots and found 2 Elder Carrots. Odds: 0.04%

Excalibus successfully mined six Ring Ore from a Bilfornite Mine! Odds: (0.01%)
Lackey Twisti
Toadwater God
----------

Test: teeeeest

Infected with Gay Fever

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2014, 10:17:54 pm »

If you lost 7 hangliders, maybe you should have reported it somewhere. This is literally the first time I am hearing about this, and considering we fixed a bug that involved removing broken hangliders just yesterday, it seems a hundred times more likely that your gliders were removed by accident instead of someone stealing them all (and nothing else).

You shouldn't accuse people like that when you haven't even contacted an administrator about what looks like a bug.

<+farmyb> id say my spelling and grammar is pretty good
JDR2
Centivelian
----------

Me next to Maple tree

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2014, 10:32:02 pm »

I am not sure what happen but I know several things changed on my base.
The only people who had any access to the base were Ex and few of his buddies.
Forgive me feel free delete the thread. I am just in pain and grumpy. I spent a whole lot of time trying to develope and expand the land and I am frustrated.
Xirah
Full of Good Ideas
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2014, 12:11:02 pm »

[00:14] <trojal-at-work> 6:13:26 am   Trojal2 just cut their foot while chopping down Xirah's fence! (Time to Heal: 00:00:14)
[00:15] <Catelite> lolol   // Emphasis for people who think Cate is some lovely innocent bystander. Fuck you, Cate.
[00:16] <Gogoat> adorbs
[00:16] <trojal-at-work> He said he was really busy tonight/tomorrow
[00:18] <trojal-at-work> 300 down, 1400 to go

Basically right after he'd realized that I had gone to bed he set to work on this little project.

Note: just a few minutes to get through nearly a fifth of a layer of fencing. Level 20 fences can be penetrated in under an hour. Just over an hour if you want to do it basically for free.

Also note: Even if I was awake, he attacked the same fenceline where he had abused a bug to scoop up my glider from behind my fences. Yes, he reported it (because he's such a good guy) and I got my 100 toadkens back. But I'd have to buy the glider again and walk back from an SWI portal to get back to my fences and place the glider again. A ~10-15 minute task that I hadn't had time to do yet. Because trojal couldn't resist taking goodies that were right in front of his face even when in the middle of exploiting a bug and knowing he would have to report it to continue playing the game "legally".

[14:05] <trojal-at-work> I scooped up a hanglider site of yours, I'm trying to get Travis or [twisti]'s attention to give you one back
[14:05] <trojal-at-work> Because I picked it up due to some bug
[14:05] <trojal-at-work> It's the one just touching a bunch of your fences
[14:06] <Xirah> Where?
[14:06] <trojal-at-work> Near 18S, 10W
[14:07] <trojal-at-work> 18.9S, 10W
[14:08] <Xirah> Uh huh, and how did you get it? Placing gliders in water so you can walk over water?
[14:08] <trojal-at-work> Just some bug
[14:08] <trojal-at-work> I swam around the fence yes
[14:08] <Xirah> Using the method I described?
[14:08] <trojal-at-work> Not sure
[14:08] <trojal-at-work> :p
[14:08] <Xirah> Uh huh.
[14:09] <trojal-at-work> Is it a known bug, or just because I was talking about it yesterday?
[14:09] <Xirah> Because you were talking about it.
[14:09] <trojal-at-work> Yeah, I didn't want to lose my last hanglider, so I found a spot where I could just swim one space to scoop one up :3
[14:09] <Xirah> I guess scooping my glider was just too big of an itch not to scratch, even when you abused a bug to get access to it
[14:09] <trojal-at-work> Sorry if it inconveniences you a lot
[14:10] <trojal-at-work> I'll make sure Travis or [twisti] gives one back though
He knew exactly what he was doing. His plan to "test the bug" was to spend his only glider "swimming" to steal somebody else's glider. Mine, it so happens. Maybe the next bug he tests will require 200 statues. But he can't be arsed to farm 200 statues to test it, so he'll just abuse the bug to steal 200 statues. But it's okay, because he's just testing bugs and he'll report it afterwards. Yeah I guess you'll get your statues back. That's okay, right? No, it's not fucking okay.

This is a bit of an exaggeration but the point is not invalidated: I was not compensated adequately for the damage caused to me by trojal exploiting a bug at my expense. Trojal later leveraged this to his advantage when raiding me- attacking the very spot that was still weakened because of the previous bug abuse.

Anyone who continues to claim "trojal is mostly a good guy" or "he's just joking, mostly" is a naive idiot. Should probably pay attention to the word mostly and realize that it just means that he doesn't have enough time to be a raging dick to everyone at the same time. What a "good guy" that he isn't fucking with you because he's just busy fucking with somebody else. Every single day he has spent terrorizing IRC chat and creeping around the world to gather information to support his higher-effort attacks on the community.

I hope you guys enjoy your farming edict that I'm sure you'll work very hard to pool your resources for and then plant crops all day long. Don't plant too many though, because I have little doubt that trojal will keep an eye on that and make it his next little game - to poke into your base and raze your 50M gold worth of crops or sneak in and pick all the rares/seeds and leave you with shit.

I guess I was a fool to share anything about my upcoming day (that I was having one of the worst days of recent weeks and that I had a *ton* of work to do: meetings to prep for, appointments to go to, a midterm to study for and take) or anything else about my personal life. Good thing I didn't mention publicly that I was going on a 24+ hour road trip to see a concert a few days ago. Probably would have been a good time for trojal to fit in the mere 13-16 hours it would take to infiltrate my base and begin phase 2 of his plan: completely destroy the base that I've worked on for nearly a year now in just a few days. Note: this is possible and I would even venture to say it's probable.

I've never taken my defenses around my main base lightly. I've had 5 out of 7 workers on fences pretty much the entire time that I've been playing. I barely have any holdings outside of my main base, and I have resorted to 1-3 layers of fence for those holdings to support increased defenses on my main base. It means nothing, really. All of that effort spent on defenses will barely keep trojal out for longer than it takes me to sleep. And it's not like there is a whole lot that I can do once I wake up. He'll have burrowed into my fences placing his own in his wake and/or can chop from an outhouse for safety. Regardless, if stopped he can just wait until the next time that I sleep. Maybe he'll get through then. God forbid I have to do anything more time consuming than sleep. Oh shit my internet went out for a day.. good bye, base. Once he's inside, make no mistake: it is no longer "your" base. Expect PPs and gliders pointing to several dusty corners of your land. Expect a bunkered glider that would take you just as long (or longer) to remove as it took him to get into your base. Don't even bother chopping his glider bunker; he'll just bellow deep laughter out of his cornhole mouth watching you in your futile efforts and right before you break through to the center of his bunker you'll realize he's just set up a new bunker and he'll come in to scoop the glider at the last minute so you don't even get that. Still, you better finish the last couple layers anyways so you can finish invalidating that first bunker.

It takes roughly 19 fences to start a 9-layer-thick bunker in a corner somewhere. More if it's not in a corner, but far likely: less, due to choosing a more efficient spot. Drop your outer layer first, pound 19 fences, then you're home free to build the remaining 8 layers around your glider that you can rest assured will take upwards of 13-15 hours to remove. Trying to get your base back after he's compromised it will be orders of magnitude more effort than it took him to get in in the first place. Regardless of how much effort you put into your defenses. It's actually not possible unless he cuts you some slack. But the harder you try, the less slack he's likely to cut you, as he's no doubt attacking you in the first place just to watch you struggle.

Even Ex's land is pretty decidedly not safe, behind many layers of the highest level fencing in the game.

In-game defenses are meaningless. If someone is dedicated to raid you, you're fucked. If you don't have a gold subscription for a personal island: you're fucked.

All of you people being nice to trojal in some vain effort to get on his good side [even while he's busy spitting in somebody else's face] fucking sicken me. Cate, giving him a DCM that you found? On the verge of giving him a glider that you found in your land because you aren't a subscriber and thus had no use for it? You miserable fool.
Whatever. Maybe people think that groveling and asskissing is the only defense they have because the in-game defenses aren't enough. Just know that it comes at the cost of my respect for you, and I hope it comes at great cost to your own pride.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 11:02:33 am by Xirah » Logged

Whittling: 350     (Rank 34)  6,089,676
Mining: 129     (Rank 42)  74,350
Tinkering: 62     (Rank 10)  1,396
Cooking: 526     (Rank 3)  30,374,340

1. Xirah whittled 34381 items today for 6013533 experience. (47.75 hrs.)
1. Xirah has earned 8477890 cooking experience today. (0 strawberries was
Lackey Twisti
Toadwater God
----------

Test: teeeeest

Infected with Gay Fever

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2014, 06:29:19 pm »

Thanks sorry I didn't see this. I lost over 7 landing sites. It shouldn't be big deal but it was.
Ugh okay going to leave the thread. I am just too upset at the moment.

In the meantime, I have investigated what happened. The person who took your gliders just manually walked up to them and scooped them up. No bugs were used in taking them. I have looked at the map and confirmed that there wasn't any foul play here.

<+farmyb> id say my spelling and grammar is pretty good
Trojal2
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2014, 08:39:28 pm »

Xirah, it wasn't even your base that I chopped through a fence. It's your fences for some random reason in front of Excalibus's fences. You sound like you're complaining that someone may have ruined one of your many particularly weak (1 fence) claims to others' bases.

The area that you had fences in front of to steal Excalibus's land if he quit was about 259421 tiles. Or 108 world squares. You don't really have much to complain about if you had 1 piece of fence to protect your claim to it.

Where I chopped: http://tw.trojal.net/Xirah.png
Where this is in the map: http://tw.trojal.net/Xirah2.png

Seems almost to me like you might be the bad guy here, claiming/fencing more land than you can ever use.

Calculations/Estimate:
13.68S, 13.02W => 17.95S, 15.41W      427x239 = 102053
17.02S, 15.79W => 20.58S, 17.04W      356x125 = 44500
17.59S, 10.81W => 21.65S, 13.59W      406x278 = 112868

1 world square = 7x7 x 7x7 = 2401.

259421 / 2401 = 108.05 WS.

Edit: For reference, as far as I know TW1 has 48*4 = 192 world squares of non-newbie land in total.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 08:53:31 pm by Trojal2 » Logged

JDR2
Centivelian
----------

Me next to Maple tree

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2014, 09:17:08 pm »

Thanks Travis and all who wrote something supportive.
It must been some unknown inactive or Paputa since I notice her portal is gone and the area Ex had fenced at end of pensisula has been replaced by MotCR's fence.
There is something really eerie even if its small and insignificant like glider that you spent hours trying to get enough toadkins to buy goes missing.
I am doing my own land redesign. I really like the area I had set up but   I see what I can do to open it up some to new players.
Xirah suggested is I just open up the areas I make my money and let everyone chopped down the Tardis and ancient trees.
I don't really want to do that
Ex
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2014, 09:24:40 pm »

The area that you had fences in front of to steal Excalibus's land if he quit was about 259421 tiles.

WHO IS STEALING MY LAND!!! I WILL FIND YOU IN REAL LIFE AND CUT YOU (on my next day off)

Excalibus washed 7 Sun Fungus, now it's very shiny. Odds: (0.01%)

Excalibus successfully washed 3 gnarled carrots and found 2 Elder Carrots. Odds: 0.04%

Excalibus successfully mined six Ring Ore from a Bilfornite Mine! Odds: (0.01%)
Hoshiko
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2014, 08:27:49 am »

Please tell me true or false, if someone were to chop at my fence, I would receive a PM telling me so, Right?
Mopsi
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2014, 08:28:31 am »

True, and i f you were in chat toadee would spam you with whose fence is being chopped now.
Hoshiko
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2014, 08:31:27 am »

I did notice that a fence belonging to someone else is being chopped but I don't know how to stop the intruder.
Mopsi
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2014, 08:32:15 am »

yeah Kinda hard, he's got a pretty safe path and all so not to easy to interfere with.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  The Padded Cell  |  Topic: This Game is it really worth it? Rant
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group