TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 16, 2017, 03:35:52 pm
Home Login Register
News: Flinnt chopped down a Willow tree for samjel, getting 1 piece of wood and 1 Seed (Max Yield: 100%)

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  A Helping Hand  |  Topic: Wood chopping yield odds/worker yeild odds 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Wood chopping yield odds/worker yeild odds  (Read 968 times)
RDMilk
Centivelian
----------

« on: February 24, 2016, 07:10:52 pm »

I'm having trouble working it out. Can anyone enlighten me? Wiki just says will be updated soon.

Cheers,
RD
Newbster
----------

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 10:02:08 pm »

Are you having trouble with seeing the yields, because if so they are in the corner after you hit the tree. Also far as worker doing it will also be the same for the worker seeing the yields in the corner aswell.
caspian
Toadwater God
----------

The Sometimes god (makes me sound like Y or W!)

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 07:58:40 pm »

Yield from chopping wood ties to Forestry skill.

If you chop, it is your forestry skill.
If it is a worker, it is their forestry skill. Management also factors in.

If you want specific numbers to the 2nd decimal place, we can probably look it up.

Otherwise, "big forestry = more yield."

(You get odds for 1 piece of wood per year of age of tree and 1 "just because". So a 200 year tree can yield 201 pieces of wood. You get seeds for each 100 days of age of the tree -- so 3.65 as many. I say potential, because that assumes 100% ability.
The equation for tree ability = 100 + 10 * (tree level) is 100% chopping (meaning you get 100% result).

So balsam firs are maxed at 110 forestry
    ponderosa pines at            120 forestry
    level 10 trees                 200
   level 90 trees                  1000 forestry

If you take the "level of forestry needed for 100%" and make that the denominator of the fraction. The numerator is your (or your worker's) forestry.

So if you chop level 20 trees, you need 100 + 200 = 300 forestry to chop them at 100%.
If you have 150 forestry, your odds will be
 --------
     300        = 50%

I believe how it works is that for each possible seed or piece of wood, a random number is generated. And if that number is below the threshold, you get the wood/seed. If it is above, you don't. This yields a different result curve than a straight up "I have 57.34% odds so calculate how many I get."

I did this from memory, but I think all that is correct...

Or was that not your question?  Smiley

Note 1: I have no idea exactly how much your management increases "a tree's yield." You would have to do some tests.
Note 2: These are TW Classic odds. It strikes me that you may be playing TW2 and the equations may differ.
  Oh well, the principle is the same.

Caspian the son of Caspian, lawful King of Narnia, Lord of Cair Paravel, and Emperor of the Lone Islands, Knight of the Most Noble Order of the Lion
wood tier coach
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 10:45:28 pm »

The original post was back in 2016. Someone necro'd...

Forestry in TW2 is quite a bit different from TW1.

For starters, getting 100% odds for trees is simply 25 * tree level.

There are also some pretty heavy diminishing returns for chopping down older trees, especially for seeds.
If I were to chop a 500 year old Balsam Fir, I'd get around 80 wood and 80 seeds instead of 501 wood and ~1826 seeds.

Likewise, if I were to chop down a 20 year old Balsam Fir, I'd probably get the full yield of 21 wood and 74 seeds.

Workers also like to keep seeds of old trees for themselves.
If I were to set a worker on the old Balsam Fir tree, I'd get around 80 wood and 0-3 seeds.
Pages: [1] Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  A Helping Hand  |  Topic: Wood chopping yield odds/worker yeild odds
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group