TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 13, 2018, 01:03:34 am
Home Login Register
News: Chong finished fertilizing a field for TheProspect

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Excalibus's Modern Tavern  |  Topic: Where Do You Call Home? 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Where Do You Call Home?  (Read 2585 times)
Xion
Apprentice
----------

« on: July 25, 2018, 04:46:15 pm »

I'm looking at the map and see a number of bases or areas that were worked with still existing fences (some that have been cut through), as well as regions where the fences must have rotted as worked land is open.

For the current active players, what region of the world do you call home? Who has the cool owl in their base?

I thought fences decayed over time.  If this is the case, then there must still be people active enough to refresh, but they haven't repaired the holes in their fencing. Just trying to plan my drop-in location for when I jump.
fresh
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 08:44:40 pm »

https://i.imgur.com/BbMp9UQ.jpg

The real map hasn't updated for a while,
but here is a map of some places I have checked within the last month or two..

The base with the owl in it is one of the best locations on the map, because of how little fencing it takes to secure it.

I prefer a base with long open spaces, and the owl base is pretty cramped.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 08:55:57 pm by ;fu » Logged
Purple Haze
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 10:09:23 pm »

Yeah, it updated once somewhat recently, but stopped working after that. The server move knocked something loose in that regard...

Also, I find that fence lines on the map will stay there until someone walks by and updates the map, back when it was working. The only fenced-in areas are the ones that are in the image fresh linked, plus a handful of others.

I'd recommend finding a smaller area (like a peninsula) for two reasons:
1. It's a bit easier on your staff and health bar.
2. Managing multiple fence lines in a large area that are on opposite sides of each other (or a very long fence line) without hanglider use is a hassle.

Make sure to have food (250 bell peppers should suffice), a shovel (preferably waxed), outhouse materials and your idols at the very least before you jump.
Xion
Apprentice
----------

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 12:59:24 am »

Hey guys, thanks for the replies!

I've seen both of you hard at work in-game so its nice to interact with you on the forums.  Crowbarella has been doing quite a bit also.

I was assuming this entire time the map was up-to-date, so good to know. I appreciate the updated map you've managed to throw together during your journeys.  I'd agree, the Owl area seems a bit complicated in shape. 

As for my new home, I'm tempted to take the area south of Excalibus by the cave or whatever that is, but the small fences area on that little leg that sticks out makes it a little less desirable. 

Do you guys recommend locating myself somewhere near neighbors (you guys, Crowbarella, Ex) or grabbing a piece of land away from everyone else?  I don't have any interest in raiding, if that's still a thing.  Just want to see all the levels of trees and the new content since Classic.
fresh
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 01:45:26 am »

We're all that neighbor that you'll live next to for 30 years, but never actually see them leave the house.
Just find whatever land looks best for you, being next to someone won't be an issue.

There are smaller areas that will be easier to fence in and have plenty of space.

Those really big areas are really only good if you're macroing and you want to just leave it on a single row for as long as you can. If you're already fine with macroing, then the fencing shouldn't really be an issue!
Xion
Apprentice
----------

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2018, 02:10:21 am »

I ran macros in a past life, using AutoHotKey, but I need to relearn how to write the scripts for it. 

Do you guys ever trade or interact with each other?
fresh
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2018, 02:40:21 am »

There used to be a lot more interaction/trading a few years ago, but now it's pretty rare.

Most of the players (all 6 of us) do their own thing and don't really have any reason to trade.

I am definitely open to trading!
If you're looking for something just let me know here or a private message.
Xion
Apprentice
----------

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2018, 03:51:51 am »

Ok thanks, will do.

Maybe more people will eventually return.. I did!  ^_^
pooh
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2018, 07:37:57 am »

I play just don't talk much on here if u even need anything just pm ill see what I have
Xion
Apprentice
----------

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2018, 02:35:01 pm »

Thanks pooh!

I will probably pester you guys once I jump to see about trading.

Right now I am trying to prep for the jump, which I may be playing too old school from that perspective, as I saw the help thread fu posted about jumping asap, I just feel like I need to be somewhat prepared or decent level.
Ex
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2018, 04:09:19 pm »

I dont play much anymore, but I have a lot of stuff if you need anything. Just sent up a store and msg it to me on IRC, use the chat link at the top of this forum if you dont have a client.

Excalibus washed 7 Sun Fungus, now it's very shiny. Odds: (0.01%)

Excalibus successfully washed 3 gnarled carrots and found 2 Elder Carrots. Odds: 0.04%

Excalibus successfully mined six Ring Ore from a Bilfornite Mine! Odds: (0.01%)
Xion
Apprentice
----------

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2018, 04:37:16 pm »

Cool, thanks Ex I will definitely keep that in mind.  I remember you and Crowbarella from back in the old days.

Hope all is going well for you, and I maybe after a break you'll get reinvigorated for some more TW2 time.
reapster
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2018, 12:48:15 am »

I just returned after a 3 yr break myself
Xion
Apprentice
----------

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2018, 02:41:45 am »

Yea buddy, welcome back!!!  Cool

Let's get the watered toad fired back up again!
Pages: [1] Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Excalibus's Modern Tavern  |  Topic: Where Do You Call Home?
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group