TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2020, 12:07:05 am
Home Login Register
News: Crowbarella wove 10 squares of Imperial Cloth  (90 xp, 10 cloth, 100 yarn burned, 1 use taken)  (Odds: 61.06%)

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  The Padded Cell  |  Topic: [Game] Epic Showdowns 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [Game] Epic Showdowns  (Read 111 times)
Darth Taki
Apprentice
----------

« on: August 22, 2020, 03:21:52 pm »

Thought it would be fun to introduce a new game.  This is something that we play in the car on road trips (Back when you were allowed to leave the house), but with a few minor changes to make it forum appropriate.  The rules are pretty simple:

I'll start the game at the end of this post by matching up two people/places/things.  These can be any two people/place/things (i.e. - Paris vs. Madrid, or Waffles vs. Stroopwafles).  I tend to go super heroes and super villains, just because I'm a comic book kinda guy, but the sky is really the limit.

When you respond to the post, you will give your opinion on who/where/what will win that showdown and why, and any other showdowns that have been posted in this thread.  It doesn't have to be a physical victory.  Maybe Paris wins over Madrid because you really like the Eiffel Tower.  We will number them to make it easier to keep track.  If you don't have an opinion on a showdown, it is okay to skip it (i.e. - Paris Hilton vs. Kim Kardashian....I could care less), but it is acceptable to Google things if you need to make an informed decision (i.e. - You can Google Stroopwafles, and I recommend you do because they are delicious).

After you've given your opinion on all the showdowns that you want to chime in on, you then give your showdown.  Please remember to number your showdown appropriately.  Also, go ahead and throw in your opinion on your own showdown at this point.

On the post directly below this one, I'll regularly update the scores on each showdown.  There's no prize for winning, just the good feeling of victory.

That's it.  Throw out your showdowns, and cast your votes.

1)  Tony Stark vs. Bruce Wayne

I'm going with Bruce Wayne on this one.  Once you take away the power suits, the secret headquarters, the fancy weapons, and everything else that makes these two super heroes; Tony Stark is a billionaire playboy philanthropist.  Bruce Wayne is still a Ninja.
Darth Taki
Apprentice
----------

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 03:22:25 pm »

1)  Tony Stark vs. Bruce Wayne

Tony Stark:     0
Bruce Wayne:  1
Pages: [1] Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  The Padded Cell  |  Topic: [Game] Epic Showdowns
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group